Monday, August 27, 2007

Insights

Dear observer: Realise; I didn't just see a bird over head; then snap a photo; then from the photo(s) make an appraisal of the photo. I purposely photograph only Northern Goshawks.
I make sure the bird is a NG, before I raise my camera.What ever your feelings toward the photos...they may be interpreted by some hawk watchers as a mixture of Cooper's Hawks, S.s. Hawks, Red- shouldered Hawks, and Northern Goshawks, however, every one of the photos CAN be interpreted as Northern Goshawk! Some of the photos can show the sex of the bird! And every photo happens to be a Northern Goshawk.

1 comment:

trogonpete said...

Let me know if I have this correct:

Even if your photographs show the complete field marks of, say, a Cooper's hawk, we are assured that they are indeed northern goshawks because you wouldn't have taken a picture of it if it wasn't?

Thanks for the site.